In order to ensure the best results we highly recommend following the requierements below :
1 – Your Mixdown shouldn’t be too loud or clipping,
Export it with some headroom (-6/-8dB Peaks is appropriate) , lower is better.
We have the required tools to properly raise up your track where it needs to be, in a transparent way, no matter how much is needed.
– Please do not compress/squash your mix,
– Leave your master fader at 0dBfs,
– Your mixdown is too loud ? For small adjustments (0.5 to 3dB) you can lower your buss (= Groups) Outputs while if you are far too loud you may have interest into modifying your volume balance/gain staging (be careful since it might change the input volumes in your effects, implying to reset some of them).
2 – Export Settings :
- Your native project sample rate (usually 44.1kHz or 48 kHz),
- Project bit depth (usually 24-Bit / 32-Bit float or 16bit),
If your project is in 24-Bit / 32-Bit float, export in 32-Bit float.
- Normalisation & Dither both DISABLED
- .wav or .aif (uncompressed format)
Note : For Stems Mastering, export your groups (Kick, Drums, Bass, Melo, Voxs, Sfxs, FXs returns) with the same settings. (Up to 8 stems max.)
Export your track with a few seconds of silence after it, keep at least 3 secondes of dead silence at the end, we’ll adjust it if needed.
3 – Make sure you are truly happy on both creative and technical sides of your mixdown.
Mastering isn’t a place to fix major issues, you can ask your technician for feedback on your track before he processes it which may allow you to make last-minute changes if you feel so.
What is mastering ?
4 – Should you keep or remove Mixbus/Master effects ?
Anything that serves the sound design / overall color of the track,
Eventual limiters / compressors added for monitoring or pre-mastering purpose,
Anything that doesn’t make clearly a difference in the good way when enabled.
If you are hesitant about something, send us the version with the effect as reference for what you wanted to do/add !
5 – You’ll receive a form to provide the metadata information
You can also provide that information directly in your order follow-up email / ticket if you prefer.
This information will allow us to tag Metadatas direclty into the master file(s).
6 – Send your track(s) to your audio technician
With both platforms you will be able to send a download link in your order’s related email/ticket.
Note : A private web application for orders follow-up & file transfers is currently in development. We hope to release it within the upcoming months.
If you have any questions, feel free to open a support ticket and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.